The Gatekeepers Cottage, Marrangaroo, built in 1870
Own a unique piece of Australia's Railway History!
A beautiful example of Victorian Gothic Revival style architecture. Constructed of coursed, random stone both internally and externally, it features a cross floor plan with steeply pitched corrugated metal roof. Sitting on 5989 square meters of land, this unique building comes with it's own railway carriage! Suitable for use as a cafe, day spa or B&B or simply as a unique residence. This original property offers;
- 2 bedrooms
- Large living area
- Galley styled bathroom with contemporary fixtures and fittings
- Railway carriage currently set up for use as a cafe with external deck for seating
- Separate toilet facilities for the cafe
- High traffic area
- Huge amount of parking for visitors
- Close to Lithgow Prison
- Zoned R5 - Large Lot Residential
- Has operated as a Cafe previously
The train carriage is a HUB type carriage built by Tulloch Limited in Rhodes between 1947 and 1949. It is one of only 27 built. It served on the Newcastle Flyer service as a second class carriage until 1988 and was retired in 1990.
Come and see the warmth and charm this unique property offers. With an owner screaming sell, inspection is a must!